> How to Find Us
How to Find Us
Located less than two hours from Sydney, Grand Mercure Apartments, Cypress Lakes Resort is a breeze to find and the perfect escape for any occasion.
Travelling by car
- From the centre of Sydney, cross the Harbour Bridge and proceed along Pacific Highway north to the National 1 (F3) freeway at Wahroonga
- Travel north along National 1 (F3) freeway towards Newcastle (approximately 1 hour)
- Turn off the National 1 (F3) freeway at Cessnock/Kurri Kurri exit and proceed to Cessnock
- As you enter Cessnock along Aberdare Road, turn right at the first set of traffic lights onto Vincent Street (following the directional signs to Branxton). Proceed to the end of Vincent Street. Turn left at traffic lights onto Wollombi Road (following the directional signs to Branxton) and then first right at the traffic lights onto Allandale Road, passing swimming pool on the left and McDonalds Restaurant on the right.
- Proceed along Allandale Road. Five Kilometres out of Cessnock and you will pass the Cessnock Airport on the left-hand side.
- Turn left 500 metres past Airport into Broke Road.
- Follow Broke Road for approximately 3 Kilometres to the "T" intersection
- Turn left at the "T" intersection onto McDonalds Road. Remain on this road, and you will find Cypress Lakes Resort (Thompsons Road) on your right hand side (after Brokenwood and Tamburlaine Wineries)
Travelling by air
- Domestic airlines operate services into Newcastle Airport from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and the Gold Coast. Our reservations department can arrange your transfers to the Resort.
- Sydney Seaplanes fly daily from Rose Bay (Sydney) to Cessnock.
On the ground we recommend Avis, they really do try harder!
Avis now operate from Newcastle Airport